Full-service dentistry comes with many advantages. One of these advantages is that you do not have to drive from appointment to appointment for various dental care needs. If you are seeking a full-service Dentist in Mankato MN, you should know what services to expect. The following will provide you with a brief explanation of some of the services a full-service dentist will provide.
* Preventative care – Prevention is the best way to avoid tooth decay and gum disease. Dental exams, cleanings, oral cancer screenings, sealants, fluoride, x-rays, and education on home care are all areas of preventative care you can expect from your dentist.
* Sedation – Due to the anxiety that some patients experience at the dentist, sedation dentistry has become a popular option for some patients. It allows them to relax and wake up with their treatments completed. Other types of sedation that do not put you to sleep include nerve numbing and nitrous oxide, also known as laughing gas.
* Cosmetic services – Cosmetic services are less about the health of your teeth and more about how your smile looks. A cosmetic Dentist in Mankato MN can help you make over your smile. Services like veneers, crowns, implants, tooth whitening, bridges, and other cosmetic treatments help make you feel more confident about your smile.
* Periodontal care – Gingivitis and periodontal disease are related to the gums and supporting structure of the jaw. If periodontal disease is not prevented or treated as soon as possible, it can cause deterioration of the supporting bone structure of your teeth and jaw.
* Surgery – Oral surgery is something a surgical Dentist in Mankato MN can help do in instances where surgery is needed. This can include surgeries for bone grafting, wisdom tooth extraction, dental implants, and oral pathology biopsies.
* Botox – A lesser known service you can have performed at a full-service dentist is botox injections. The reason it fits into the dental arena is because it is related to the cosmetic appearance of the face. Botox is known for reducing wrinkles, crow’s feet, and frown lines.
Instead of going to the orthodontist at a separate office than your general dentist, you can enjoy the benefits of having all these services at one office complex. It saves you on gas, time, and hassles. Another benefit of a full-service Dentist in Mankato MN is the ability to communicate better with all your dental care practitioners.