Dental implants in Glenview look exactly like natural teeth, and so they are the best option for someone with missing teeth and who would not want people notice artificial devices in their mouth. They are preferred over bridges and dentures because they done using the advanced technology and function much better.
What are dental implants?
These are artificial dental roots made of titanium. They are fixed in the patient’s jawbone or skull and interface with the bone of the jaw or skull to support dental prosthesis such as crowns, dentures and bridges. They can also act as orthodontic anchors.
Who can undergo dental implant?
Most adults are qualified to undergo implant surgery because their jawbones are completely developed. This procedure can take a long time and is hardly covered in dental insurance. This means that one has to be very patient if he or she chooses to settle for implants. You are qualified to undergo a dental implant if:
* you have one or more missing tooth in your dental formula
* your jawbone is fully developed
* you have enough bone
* oral tissue and gum are healthy
This dental procedure involves a team of specialists who work together to offer quality treatment that meets the set standards. This surgical procedure includes x-rays, mouth examination and teeth alignment. The medical record of the patient is important when it comes to determining if he will undergo this procedure or not. Below are specialists who are involved in the whole process:
* Maxillofacial surgeon- this specialist concentrates on jaw, face and mouth.
* Periodontist- this specialist treats bone and gum tissue.
* Prosthodontist- this specialist deals with the replacement of missing teeth and the restoration of natural teeth.
Dental implant procedures
* Preparing your jawbone and gums, and make sure it can support the implant.
* Healing and fusing: After the surgery, the gum is allowed to heal before fitting the implants to the bone.
* Restorative phase: This involves putting crowns on your implants to enhance your smile.
Chicago Beautiful Smiles has many years of experience in providing different dental services. They offer the best dental implants in Glenview.
To book an appointment, or for more information about their services, you may visit at Chicago Beautiful Smiles.