For some individuals, a smile can speak a thousand words. It is important that the individual feels confident in his or her smile. Cosmetic Dental Care in Lusby MD is one of the many ways that allow for the individual to obtain the perfect smile. From small changes to major oral surgery, there are many techniques in which cosmetic dentistry can treat and repair teeth.
What is Cosmetic Dentistry?
For those who have teeth are prone to discoloration, may be chipped, misshapen, or those that may be missing teeth, cosmetic dentistry is a great option. But what exactly is cosmetic dentistry?
Cosmetic dentistry, unlike traditional dentistry, addresses the appearance of the teeth, mouth, and smile. Cosmetic dentists are able to offer ways to improve whitening the teeth to reconstructing a complete smile. However, due to insurance companies considering cosmetic dentistry as an elective rather than a necessity, it is typically not covered.
Types of Cosmetic Dentistry
There are a variety of options available for Cosmetic Dental Care in Lusby MD.
- Teeth whitening – This procedure includes brightening teeth that are discolored or that have been stained over time. This option is available both in and outside of the dental office.
- Bonding – This procedure improves the appearance of chipped or broken teeth. It may also lessen the appearance of teeth that are unevenly spaced, cracked or stained by bonding tooth-colored material to the surface of the tooth.
- Veneers – A veneer is a thin, custom-made porcelain shell that covers the front of the tooth.
- Tooth reshaping – Tooth reshaping is a procedure that involves changing the teeth to improve their appearance by removing the tooth’s enamel. This is also referred to as dental contouring and is often combined with tooth bonding.
- Smile Makeovers – A smile makeover is a procedure in which involves a comprehensive assessment of the overall appearance of an individual’s teeth and smile. Many dental procedures are required to achieve the overall result.
Cosmetic dentists will work alongside an individual to develop a treatment plan for achieving the smile of their dreams. For more information on how cosmetic dentistry operates or to schedule a consultation appointment, Contact Louis B. Sachs D.D.S today.