In the orthodontic industry, there exists a new system of treatment which is becoming increasingly popular. Invisalign is the latest product in the technology to align your teeth. This technology uses Custom fitting aligners based on the three dimensional simulation of your oral architecture. These aligners will put your teeth back in position in nine to fifteen months.
This technology is designed mainly for adults who do not wish to go through the embarrassment involved in wearing metal braces in public. As the name suggests, this technology uses plastic to make a set of dental braces that are clear and transparent. Listed below are the advantages and disadvantages of using Invisalign –
- Removable – Compared to the ordinary metal and rubber braces, which are not supposed to be removed at all, the Invisalign is removable. Although the dentist will advise you to keep them on all the while, the Invisalign is supposed to be removed for every meal, when you are drinking or when you are brushing your teeth.
- Convenience – Invisalign is very convenient to use and the wearer does not have to worry about breaking a rubber band or a brace. It also eliminates the need to visit the dentist often; since, you will be given a set of Invisalign aligners for two weeks each, you will need to visit the dentist only after six weeks of usage.
- Unnoticeable – Unlike the traditional metal and rubber braces. Invisalign is made out of clear plastic which it makes it hard to notice. The wearer is assured of properly aligned teeth and confident smile because the wearer does not have to be conscious about the Invisalign being visible to anyone else.
- Uncomfortable – Just like the traditional metal braces, people with sensitive gums or teeth will temporarily have to face some discomfort while using Invisalign for the first time. But once the wearer gets used to it, he/she may not even notice that they are wearing it.
- Breakage – There are cases where Invisalign has broken because of the wearer constantly gritting their teeth. Also constant removing and wearing may put the Invisalign to the risk of damage.
- Cost – The cost of these special braces are much more than the metal braces. However, these assure that your teeth will be aligned properly, without and pain or discomfort and will also be effectively faster.